A Mixed Bag
A mixed bag (designer naturally) of BagButler musings.
What is getting you through what we all hope for many of us will be the last few weeks of lockdown? We want to know, so do please email us at email@example.com.
Having begun overzealously clearing out cupboards, running round the block and only wearing leggings and a hoodie, here is what BagButler have recently been up to and enjoying.
- Not wearing make-up.
- Taking the time to read industry journals.
- Planning some tweaks to our website to make it as easy as possible to navigate.
- Not running round the block.
- Loaning and arranging delivery of items for a socially distanced photoshoot at The Grove Hotel.
- Exploring and using different delivery methods to ensure that a handbag arrives at a destination in good time despite the understandable COVID delays.
- Wondering where the mornings disappear to.
- Enjoying the odd Dress Up Friday.
- Pausing to think about our business identity and look at how we might build on our strengths. After all, we believe we are the UK’s best rental company for designer handbags and accessories and have been thinking about how best to communicate this.
We have also been digesting industry information about the price increases being implemented by top luxury brands such as Chanel.
We offer the best rental selection of Chanel handbags, jewellery and accessories all of which have been purchased new by us in London and Rue Cambon, Paris
Chanel typically increases prices by around 5% twice a year. In response to difficulties in trading and obtaining the highest quality raw materials, Chanel has taken the bold step of raising prices by up to 17% for some bags. This is to further their position as an exclusive brand and to try and equalise the prices of their goods globally. Whereas London has previously been a very attractive city to buy designer, there will be less shopping tourism for the foreseeable future. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.
Our own take on these increases is quite simply that it makes even more sense to rent and that we do not feel the need to increase our prices at present.
Aside from all these serious considerations we’ve been browsing the new collection and daydreaming about another trip to Paris.
Tell us which bag you believe is missing from our collection. We are customer service obsessed and truly want to know your thoughts. What you like, what you don’t like. Where you go and as we said at the beginning of this, what you’ve been up to recently.
Anyone taken up gardening?