Zero Chance Of Rain
The sun is out and so are we. Here’s how to nail summer 2020 socialising the BagButler way with our breezy, easy as a walk in the park, edits. From a morning walk and lunchtime picnic to evening drinks here is our perfect day.
Let’s go for a little walk …….
Meeting a friend for a walkie-talkie? Add to your step count in style by ditching the joggers and opting for an easy fitting dress with a light as a feather cross body bag that can stow keys, phone, mask, gloves and lip salve without weighing you down. Don’t forget your hat! We’ve gone for the ultimate by Dior.
Picnic for two
Whether it’s your local park or down by the river, picnic elegantly and simply by pairing a floaty dress with easy slides and a straw hat. Whatever the temperature, pack a pure wool shawl that does double duty as a rug and a warm layer for later. Why lug a calf scratching wicker basket when the perfect feast for two is easily and perhaps surprisingly stowed in our Speedy 25? Could there be a more user-friendly bag? We think not, especially the Bandoulière version which comes with a detachable shoulder strap.
Favourite picnic recipe
Stuffed picnic loaf (for best results assemble the day before).
- Cut the top off of a round loaf to make a lid and scoop out the interior (freeze to use for breadcrumbs another time).
- Using a pastry brush, paint the inside of the loaf and the lid with a thin coat of pesto diluted with a little olive oil.
- Layer up the inside first with leaves such as rocket followed by sliced large tomatoes, basil leaves, roasted pepper and mozzarella slices, seasoning each layer as you go. Repeat the layers until the loaf is generously full.
- Replace the lid, wrap tightly and place in the fridge with a plate and a weight such as a can of tomatoes to press the loaf together.
- Mini bottles of champagne (pack some paper straws).
- A jar of strawberries.
- Bottle of water.
- Small serrated knife wrapped tightly in a tea towel which then performs as a mini table cloth.
Social bubbles al fresco
Having a few friends over for evening nibbles?
Entertaining has never been easier. No need to tidy the house. Social distance effortlessly and safely in the garden by raiding the fridge for delicious deli style bites and arranging on one big platter or tray. Chill the glasses and the bubbles and find your napkins and cocktail sticks. Blow the dust off your favourite summer heels add a dress and some drop dead gorgeous earrings.
- Rough chunks of great Parmesan with aged balsamic for dipping.
- Olives stuffed with garlic.
- Roasted salted Marcona almonds.
- A vast bowl of cherries (also amazing with Parmesan).
- Prosecco served from a magnum.
- San Pellegrino (glass bottles only).
And if the mood takes you, how about really working the bubble theme by blowing your own home-made bubbles? Bend a piece of wire into a bubble wand, make a strong washing up liquid and water solution and off you blow!
Alexa! Let the evening commence!
How easy was that?!
Wishing you much fun in the sun! ☀️